Saturday, November 17, 2007

Unfinished #1 FYRP: Little White Lies

(For your reading pleasure. What? I made up my own acronym. Get used it.)

Here's the question of the moment: How wrong is a nontruth?

Thursday dawned cold, rainy and generally blech. Taking out the snooze button like a terrorist does nothing to brighten the day, even though it's well past the waking hour.

A cup of coffee or... three. And a little time with the DVR took up most of the morning.

Oh right, work.

Shit.

857 - not dressed; not showered
900- not dressed; dripping wet
902 - jeans, thermal tee (1.5 sizes too big) blue hoodie. Rocking the dirty teenager look.
905 - hair? ehhhh...eff it.
907 - do I call or email?
910 - can I lie better in a call or an email? Email it is.
912 - on the way to work YAY!
913 - gas light comes on; every single gas station could not be more out of the way
914 - longest train EVER by my house; shut off car so as not to idle and waste 2 Tbsp of gas
925 - gas station completely full
945 - have made it to work without incident

Boss: "I've been calling you."
Me: "I ran out of gas on the way to work! Can you believe it?"

No comments: