Friday, November 7, 2008

Past Tense

I used to be an awesome blogger.

1) My job gave me fodder every day.
I read and answered viewer mail @ Lifetime Television. Email, snail mail, voicemail, prison mail - you name it I read it. Disturbing doesn't even begin to cover it. The topics were varied but crazy was always present. Never mind the persistent question: Have you no other way to better pass the time?

2) I lived in the most exciting city ever.
NYC. London is next. But nothing beats NYC. Have a different opinion? Don't care. This is about me.

3) I started a new relationship with another fellow blogger.
We out-cuted each other. We talked about each other. The blogosphere knew I was getting engaged before I did. We played off each other and our ever-growing blog rolls. Being long-distance helped because surely we wouldn't blog and then stare at each other over the tops of our laptops.

Here's why I no longer am:

1) My job is crazy and not without some fodder. But since the blogosphere is about 10X the size it was 5 years ago I have to watch it. No need getting fired over a silly post. Also, see below about rock & a hard place. That's exhausting and creative sucking. I can barely go home and stare blindly at TV nevermind crafting a great post.

2) I live in Raleigh, NC. Um, pretty place, nice people. Exciting? Not so much. However, it is now officially a blue state as of yesterday. Did I mention slow? Yeah we're a bit slow.

3) I married my fellow blogger. And now he has found about 15 other creative things to do with his time. Bless him, he has such ADD. We are DINKS. And while we love it, my husband stares longingly at the ovarian spot and wishes fervently for babies. Sigh. If only he could carry them too.

I started blogging to write better. Or is it gooder?
Regardless, once I slowed so did my writing funny.

Here's my pledge: I need to do this at least 3 times a week.

So Internet- I need to do this 3X a week.
Please keep me honest oh tubes of information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your unfunny.