Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why are there no comments?

I just realized about 4 minutes ago why I don't share blogs anymore.
When sending around a blog or something I have written - hell, anything - I need people to validate my very existence.
Examples:
"You are so funny!"
"Your writing is so witty!"
"Loved that post - so smart."
"Words were invented for YOU to lay down on paper/screen for the good of our world/species."

Ok maybe not the last one.

But then nothing. Crickets.
At least, not within the 15-30secs after receiving the link/post.

The downward spiral begins:

I begin a lookout:
Is my IM flashing?
Are they at their desk?
Oh wait - is she in a meeting?

Actions:
Let me send another IM to make sure it's working. Jab at keys. Hit enter
Is email down? Send email to make sure it is working. Write nonsense. Hit send
Oh! The internet is slow it must be loading. Re-loads page.

On the inside:
Brain: You're not THAT funny.
Soul: It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Your husband thinks you're brilliant!
Hands: STOP TYPING NONESENSE. Carpal tunnel is setting in.

Glad I figured that whole thing out.

Updated to add: Please do not take this as "don't leave comments".
Please Leave Comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took out commments all together, most have my email and send it there anyway!